Monday, January 23, 2012

~Just Keep Pinning~

Okay now when reading the title I would ask that you actually sing it to the tune of Dory's song, "Just Keep Swimming", in Finding Nemo. (Please...just so I know I'm  not the only crazy person out there that has this ridiculous tune in my head.) And it would be one thing if I was actually singing the correct words but nope - I incorporate my 'Pinterest' life and sing it my own way. "Just keep pinning, just keep pinning, Just keep pinning, pinning, pinning. What do we do we piiiiiiiin, piiiiiiiin, piiiiiiiin. OH HO HO How I love to pin. When you WAAAAAANNTTT to pin you want to pin." There you have it folks. That was all for you and a little dose of my crazy, happy thoughts. Sing away!!!!!

So there are some advantages of being married to a man that keeps us on a strict budget. Some. One of those is that he would rather do the grocery shopping than me. Yes, I am a stay at home mom that doesn't do the grocery shopping. But for the record, I would prefer to. It's a good excuse for me to get out of this house. Shamelessly, I have to admit, that majority of the time I do not have the self control to stick to the 'LIST'. The god forsaken, awful list that we come up with every week. I just can't do it. I really, truly can't. Well to my credit I may have been successful once or twice. Either way, he would prefer to go. Which means he goes at night, after the kids are in bed. ; )

This means that after I have picked up the house and all is quiet I have about an hour of free time. Tonight, I went straight to this computer and got on Pinterest. I realized it has been too long. It's not that I am not just as obsessed, it's just that I'm not currently redecorating anything and there is no major holidays heading our way so I have no reason to be on there all the time. Wait - did I just say that? I don't need a reason to be on there all the time.  I just love it because it lets me unwind. It gets my creative juices flowing. Its like a good foot rub or a relaxing pedicure.  I never really realized that until now. I'm not dumb, I know most things I pin are not ever going to see the light of day but I'm a girl with hope. And gosh darn it, you can't take that away from me!

So in all my 'pinning' I also came across another realization. I need to start crafting again. I don't care what it is. I don't care if it's for me or someone else. I just find a lot of joy in the entire process. I'm ready to have our next Pinterest party with all of my girlfriends and drink wine (that's a lie - I can't drink wine - horrible headaches which is a horrible misfortune but I'm much cooler if I say I drink wine) I even did the chalk at the bottom of my wine glasses. Because it's cool. Now where was I? Oh yeah - I know that the hostess is currently vomiting over a toilet due to a stomach virus but soon after, I hope we can plan the next party. You know who you are. I'm going to need you to get your priorities in line, stop that puking, and plan this party! Oh and feel better. ; ) Because I love you and I'm cool.




2 comments:

  1. you can make something for me!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes future hostess with the mostess...get better so I can get my crafty craft on...hey maybe I should make her some get better soup...I think I pinned some soup...better go find it...bahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete