Saturday, January 28, 2012

I'm with the BAND!!

Oh...how fun was that! Much needed. A time out. A respectable, not out too late, time out for mommy and daddy. And some of my favorite peeps. It's funny how before I leave the house I think to myself, "This is too much. Getting ready. Finding something to wear, putting make up on. What the hell am I going to do with my hair? Is this even worth it?" But once I figure out all the small, very important details and I am out of the house, I think - "ahhhhh yes...just what I needed. What time do we need to be home again?" I enjoy the ride to our destination talking with my sister and my brother-in-law squared. (long but short story) I enjoyed sitting down with my friends after really good hugs and heart felt, "How are you's?" I enjoy seeing people from my past and reuniting and catching up on our lives. I enjoy all of that. But most of all, I enjoy watching a guy 'I knew when', living out his dream. A guy that hasn't given up on himself. He has amazing parents that have supported him from day one. A wife that stands by his side and raises their beautiful little girl while he works hard to fulfill his life long dream. I enjoy watching it all come together. And here it is, 10 years later, and he is being nominated for New Artist of the Year at the ACM Awards. That is insane!! But I couldn't be happier for him and his beautiful little family. It's well deserved. Plus..all completely worth it to see Erin Pickett get that flustered when he shook her hand and called her 'Darling'. Freaking Greatness!!!!


Is it hot in here or is it just JUSTIN and ERIN!!                                                                                                                                                                                      




http://www.gactv.com/gac/pac_ctnt/text/0,,GAC_26058_84999,0.html


So I guess it's true then...I guess you can do anything if you want it bad enough. If it's worth putting in the blood, sweat and tears. Possibly going broke over and eating Ramen noodles for a brief time, maybe having to pass on the things that you really want but don't need, putting all of your heart and soul into something because you believe THAT much that you were meant to do it. What an awesome thing to be so passionate about something. I love it and I envy it. I just need to find what it is that I want. I'm still looking for my dream. My niche, my talent, my passion. The thing that makes me different from everyone else. The thing that makes me stand apart from the crowd. The thing that makes me feel proud of who I am. And there is nothing scarier to me than the possibility of never finding it. Until then....







No comments:

Post a Comment