Friday, June 7, 2013

Computer Hi-Jacked and Liebster Award


So obviously Bailee and I are Blog soulies. Or at the very least she was feeling the yearning within me to Blog again. Around midnight thirty last night I thought to myself, in between coughing fits, tomorrow I would love to make a big cup of coffee and hi-jack the computer back from my daughter and just write.....I have nothing in particular I want to write about and I also have very specific things I want to say. I know, a contradiction in terms. And this morning I received a sweet email from Bailee saying that she nominated me for a Liebster Award. Just what  I needed. The perfect excuse. So thank you Bailee for the nomination!!! I'm both humbled and appreciative of the sweet thought.

Oh and if you are like me, you have no idea what the Liebster Award is. (Does anyone just want to call it a Lobster Award for fun?) Anyways, it is an award for bloggers who have under 200 followers. And although I'm so close (only 175 followers away ;-) ) and I don't expect to receive it, it's really nice to be thought of. Isn't it?? Kindness goes a long way - I'm telling you peeps.

To nominate your fellow bloggers:
1. acknowledge the blog that nominated you
2. tell 11 facts about yourself
3. answer 11 questions the nominating blogger created
4. list blogs with less then 200 followers that you believe deserve this award
5. post 11 questions for them
6. notify them they have been nominated
AND! You CAN NOT nominate the blog that nominated you (total bum deal by the way)

11 Facts About Myself:

1. I love buying new make-up and make-up brushes.
2. I haven't had a pedicure in years.
3. I can't see well enough at night to drive safely.
4. If given the option for new boobs or lasiks - I would choose new eye balls.
5. I love lifting weights.
6. I hate when my husband chews on his finger nails.
7. I am fascinated by sharks and deathly afraid of the ocean.
8. I will let my kids swim in the ocean all day. (that seems messed up)
9. My three favorite blogs already have like a bazillion followers so I can't nominate them.
10. I threw away my scale at home.
11. I want several tattoos.




11 Questions from Bailee:

1. What is your favorite food? I mean how long can this answer be. No, really. I love food. But if I had to pick a favorite - It would be Mexican food. If you needed something more specific than that, than I pick Margaritas.

2. What is your favorite time of year? Definitely Fall. Even if it only lasts three days here in Texas. I love the cool breeze with the warm sun on your skin. I love that it is socially acceptable to wear boots again. The color of the leaves make me feel like I am in a different place. I see a lot more of extended family in Fall too.

3. What is your favorite quote? I have a few favorites for different reasons. I'm not sure mine are actually quotes as muchs as they are poems. I love a good poem.This one resonates with me the most.

here is the deepest secret nobody knows

(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud

and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows

higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)

and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart; i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
 - E.E. Cummings
 
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Greece. Have you ever seen a picture of that place, no matter the city, that wasn't breathtaking? Definitely Greece. And Australia. I'm a sucker for an accent. 

5. What is your favorite thing about where you live? That my family lives here. Doesn't get much better than that.

6. If you could do anything in the world what would it be? A tourist in Hawaii. But old Hawaii. The part that hasn't been industrialized. I would get to see beauty every day and then share it with people.

7. What is your biggest dream? Dream big! I just want to inspire people. It's that simple. I want to be the reason someone makes a change for the better, for themselves. I don't feel like anything would be more rewarding than that.

8. Should you have a big wedding ceremony or elope? Big wedding. You have to do it. You just can't lose sight of the fact that it's not about the wedding, it's all about the marriage. If you can do that, then I say every girl should be allowed to have her dream day.

9. What is your favorite animal? - White Tiger. So majestic.

10. What is your favorite book? - The Hunger Game Series - I didn't want it to be over.

11. Who is your role model and why? - My mother. I have always felt like my mother always does the right thing. Yeah, she may get grumpy sometimes and she is stubborn as hell - like seriously, one of the most stubborn people I know. But in the end, she always does the right thing. Even if it's the hardest choice. She is my best friend.


My Nominees
All Things Beautiful
Just Me Lisa Marie
Crystal Michelle's Mess

My 11 Questions: (Geez there are a lot of questions and facts on this blog)

1. What is your biggest pet peeve?
2. What makes you a good friend?
3. What is your favorite dessert?
4. What are you most passionate about?
5. If you could live anywhere for just 6 months, where would it be?
6. Do you hold grudges?
7. What did you want to be when you were little?
8. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
9. You are on an island with just your family and the clothes on your back - What do you miss having the most?
10. What is the best advice you have ever received?
11. Would you rather get lost in a really good book or a really good movie?

Thanks again for the Nom Miss Bailee!!!!

1 comment: