Monday, February 20, 2012

Always Google First...

I have been sitting here staring at this empty box on my computer for the last five minutes. Quite possibly the last seven.  It has been a little over a week since I have blogged and on the nights I lay awake and can't sleep my mind is racing with things to talk about. And yet, I can't get my thoughts gathered enough to do it. Maybe it's because I have too much and it's a whole lotta nothing.

Well I can say this much, this post isn't going to compare to my last one. I was on a high that Friday. Running and sweating and good music - yep, that was a good day. Let me see if I can sum up my days that followed.

Day 2 - HELL. It wasn't the running that hurt this time. It wasn't even my sore thighs or hip flexers. It was my damn toes. I got blisters on the first day that I ran and have felt the pain every day since. I kept saying to myself, the pain is in my head, my body wants to quit but I can keep going. But then my realistic self said, "Girl, that is real pain, that is your toes bleeding out. But keep going anyways. They are just toes." And I kept going. And I ran another 3.5 miles.

Day 3 - More or less a lot like Day 2. I was now walking funny. Had my toes wrapped in bandages (completely pointless) and was losing sleep. Okay so it's safe to say it was worse than Day 2. But I had something to prove. So even though I lost sleep over the pain in my freaking toes and soaked them in the bath tub at 1:30 in the morning, I was going to keep going. And I did.

Day 4 -   Note to self - Don't listen to husband when he tells you to pop the water blisters on your toes. Always Google first. Day 4 was horrible and I got through it but barely. Barely.

Day 4 was also a trip to the doctor for my daughter who, turns out, had a cold. The days that followed entailed, yet another trip to the doctor for my youngest son, who has croup. Croup is awful!!! Neither of the other two kids ever had it growing up. Poor Landon is constantly coughing, wheezing all the time, puking from coughing so hard and ends up in our bed most nights. I mean really, when is this kid going to give us a break!! Ha!! No...really. When? I felt sick some where in between there but I really think it was just from lack of sleep. Jackson had a late night basketball game  that was so close it was heart breaking. And my toes got the opportunity to rest.

After consulting with an "expert" and by "expert" I mean the guy in the shoe department at Sports Authority, he tells me that I got blisters because I am running in cross training shoes. Apparently cross training shoes are not meant for running. They are meant for....Cross Training. Fine. I guess I will just have to get a new pair of sweet kicks. And I did.

Day 5 - Irony. Whelp, after eating my delicious turkey burger on a whole wheat bun embellished  with jalapenos and one piece of turkey bacon and a side of broccoli and cheese (vomit) I went back to the gym. I missed it. I was chomping at the bit. But I didn't RUN. I did Turbo Kick. There is not a single class that makes you feel stronger than this one does. IMO.   In all honesty, I could probably Ninja Punch Kick the hell out of all four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles if I wanted to immediately upon leaving that class. But I wouldn't want to - they are the good guys. I would probably just join their pack. Also, I left a load of towels in the washer most of the day. I suck.

I just felt like there were so many other important things I needed to write about. The fact that maybe being a non confrontational person does not equal a door mat. I'm just realizing this about myself. It's just who I am. A non-confrontational, it's not worth it, person. I always have been. Always. More than likely, at this point in my life, I probably always will be. So I'm  hoping this also means that I'm not actually scared or intimidated by "people" - I just don't want to go there most of the time and that's okay.

I wanted to talk about mean girls, about surrounding yourself with good people always. About being brave and doing something that scares you. Do it. You will help other people be brave too. About having to go on our spring break vacation alone with the kids. Does this sound like a vacation or like Day 2 through 4? I had a handful of things but I can hear my cell phone going off like crazy - which could only mean it's my husband frantically trying to get in touch with me to see what I am doing. He's probably worried I'm watching The Voice without him. It's tempting. I can't lie.

And that's my whole lotta nothing...


2 comments: