Friday, February 22, 2013

Mo' Money, Minimal Problems....

I have some complaining to do today. Complaining isn't really in my nature but it's healthy so I'm just going to go for it. This may be somewhat difficult because I just took a sip of my first and only cup of coffee today and it was delightful.

Let's give it a whirl.

Mo' Money, Mo' Problems, My Ass. Truth. Money is such an evil necessity, isn't it? People just want to get by. They want a roof over their head, food on the table, shoes on their feet, clothes on their back. Maybe sign their kid up for soccer or ballet. Stay home with their babies while their babies are babies and sacrifice some things. Work hard at something you hate so you can send your kid to private school. Work hard at something you love, to not have enough money at the end of the month to pay the bills. Every scenario is different but it's all encompassing of the same goal. Getting by with little stress. The world doesn't work that way I suppose.

Mo' Money, Minimal Problems. Unless you're an idiot who blows it all. Then I don't feel sorry for you.

I survived my teenage years. I did well. I had friends in and out of school. I made good grades. I was athletic.I had some really good teachers. I had boyfriends. I learned how to learn. I did the 'Rachel' hair cut right after being nominated for best hair. I only cried a little when I lost to Amy Noris for Prom Queen. I didn't make fun of people. I was a well rounded teenager. (not as round as I am today) Don't get me wrong. I made some mistakes. I got busted for lying to my parents. I took money from my mom. (sounds better than stole) I was hurt by boys and girls, because girls are just so mean. But I learned all my lessons pretty well and moved on from them. I don't think I deserve any type of reward for this. My reward is my experiences. However, I don't feel like I should be punished.

Hormones.

Are you freaking kidding me with this crap?!?!?! Really?? In my early twenties I got complimented on my skins' complexion and now...Well now...my hormones can just go to hell! Now, I look like I should have when I was a teen. It's ridiculous. It's bad enough that I'm getting older. That I have to wear sunblock now or I will wrinkle or get more sunspots or weird bumps on my leg that I have to go get checked out because I'm scared to death it's cancer. (It, in fact, was not cancer) It's bad enough that I can't lose weight easily or have 'Shark Weeks' from hell. It's all bad enough. I'm a grown up. And I take it back. I should be rewarded for surviving my teenage years. I should be able to keep my teenage skin. If I can't keep my teenage boobs, then give me my teenage skin. That way...if I ever have "Mo' Money" I can get "Mo Boobs". ;-)

Happy Friday Ya'll and Happy Margarita Day!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment