Thanksgiving Link Up
I'm linking up with Holly today to talk Turkey and Traditions!! I don't know about you guys but Thanksgiving is my favorite. Family and good food all day long....it doesn't get much better than that!! Or fatter...I'm going to get fat...and I'm going to love every single bit of it!! Until Monday comes around again and I'm at the gym running...then I may not love it so much.
This is an easy one for me. Obviously the food. I love all the food. I love that everyone that has gathered together has helped prepare or pitch in with the meal. It's like the biggest pot luck dinner EVER. If you know of a bigger one, please fill me in. I will be attending the next one. My favorite dish is green bean casserole. Really hot, right out of the oven (duh). It's so delicious!!
2. What is your favorite non-traditional Thanksgiving Day dish? I can't really think of anything that we eat that isn't "non-traditional". What about olives??? Do black olives count. My mom and/or Grandma always puts out a bowl of olives (among other things) while everything else is being made. I can't stop eating them. Actually, now that I think about it, I usually get full before we even eat linner. Yes, I said linner. On purpose. Maybe I should lay low on the olives this year. And just put them on all 10 fingers once. Once is enough.
3. After dinner, is it football or a nap? Neither. It's usually games. If I watch football it's totally by accident and the parades don't really appeal to me all that much.
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Which is your favorite float? See above question and answer. The only reason why I like having the parade on is because of what it signifies. It's freaking Thanksgiving ya'll. Let's do this!! If I have to pick one I'm going with SpongeBob SquarePants.
5. Where do you go to celebrate and eat your big meal? Who is there (family, friends)? Well...usually my family from Nebraska comes in and we all have a ball. Every time we get together it is so much fun. I absolutely love it. This year, however, my cousin is expecting her third baby so everyone is staying behind - Just in case baby comes early!! Last year we spent Thanksgiving at my sisters. God Bless her!! It was perfect and I'm pretty sure she hated hosting. But we didn't have to skip around from house to house. We all got to go to one place and stay there the remainder of the day. I loved it!! This year, a few of us will be at her house and then we will be going to my husbands grandparents.
6. What is your favorite turkey day dessert? I love cheesecake. And Chocolate Silk Pie. The End.
If you want to link up just follow this link and Holly will tell you all the how to's and what not's.
I hope everyone has a Happy Turkey Day and can find plenty to be thankful for!!
P.S. I am signed up for 2 different 5k races!! Booooyaaaaah!! I am so excited!!! I can't freaking wait! But more on that later.