Thursday, March 22, 2012

“Here’s some advice. Stay alive.”

Ever since I have been back from Galveston I have wanted to blog about it. But ever since I have been back from Galveston I have had some reason why I couldn't. And I still can't. I'm in the middle of collecting all my pictures so that I can make a Photo Book from our trip. (I got a free online coupon for a Photo Book from Shutterfly so I was like - Ummmm yesss please!!! Woo Hoo!! ) I'm pretty excited about that. Sunday was puke fest at my house. Literally, between myself, my husband and my two year old we were playing musical toilets. It sucked!!! Then the two days following that my oldest two got sick - you can kinda see where I am going with this...I just haven't had time. But I can't wait to write about our trip. It was the best trip. EVER. So I figured I would throw out some randoms. Just to balance out my day.

Definitely still have a tummy bug. Definitely.

In spite of that tummy bug, I am going to watch Hunger Games at midnight tonight. I cannot freaking wait!!! Like really...cannot wait. And I know it's going to make me want to read the two books that follow in the series again so anyone who knows where my books were last seen let me know!!!

P.S. The title of my blog is from the Hunger Games. If you haven't read the series you should. I mean it. You really, really should. This is not a joke. Read it. Damn it. 

I sent my daughter to school in a dress today. Jean Jacket. Slip on shoes. No socks. She has to be freezing balls. Thanks Texas weather, you rock my socks off. (I have to blame someone else for the bad parenting call on the clothes this morning)

I want to go back to the Bahamas.

I absolutely love getting in bed with brand new, just out of the dryer clean sheets.Nothing better. (I washed my sheets today - it excites me so. )

My two year old tooted on purpose last night at dinner. I was horrified and laughing so hard I was crying. Thanks Jackson.

Can you get a spray tan when your skin is peeling from a sunburn?

I love my husbands new job. Mostly because he loves his new job. I also love his new job because on most days, he is out of there at 4:30. This means I don't have to taxi Jackson to his baseball practice across town. Woo hoo...Go Husband!!!

Speaking of Husband, he took me on a date Saturday night after we got back from Galvi. He missed me a lot. : ) Anyways, we went to the new Mi Cocina by our house. Saturday night. 6:30. 20 minute wait. Boom!!! I mean was it because it was St. Patty's day? I don't know. I have never gone to dinner at a Mi Cocina and not had to wait at least 45 to an hour. I'm pretty excited because we are taking my sister and her hubby to dinner next Friday...I owe her big for taking care of our monkey while we were away last week. It's the least we can do.

I'm going to attempt to make a chicken avocado salad. It looks so good on Pinterest. I hope I can pull it off. More than that. I hope I have the appetite for it and can eat it when I do make it. Even more than that, I hope it stays down.

Love to all -

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment